Just in case you were ever wondering who was behind the Kelsapoodle (and what the heck that meant anyways)….
I have been nominated for a Liebster award!
Soooo what does that mean? I have to answer all 11 questions my nominator (the wonderful Becca Rhodes of Caffeinate Your Life) has asked. I then nominate 11 more bloggers and create my own list of 11 questions. Each blogger I nominate links back my blog and then answers all the questions I listed, then creates their own 11 questions and nominates their own bloggers! Phew. Here we go: 1. What is something most people don’t know about you? I’m a CrossFit cult member (seriously, you join and try not to let it take over your life) and I can squat almost twice my own bodyweight. Or at least I could, before I moved to Italy and now I eat twice my bodyweight in pasta everyday instead of squat it. Also I love reading. And chocolate. And coffee. And wine. Especially wine. 2. What is your biggest fear? Spiders. I cannot stand them. You can read more about The Spider Incident in Bhutan here. 3. What in this world inspires you the most? People who are so excited about their own life that it makes you excited to live yours. Also:
- my mahma and papa bear, for collectively teaching me to dream big and always believing in me
- my sister, for being the best best friend/counselor/life planner/creative strategist/wardrobe organizer/pad thai maker in the planet
- a lot of the “quotes” section on Pinterest
4. What is the biggest life barrier you have had to overcome? Being lactose intolerant. Life’s a bitch when you can’t eat ice cream. 5. What is the biggest life moment you feel has greatly contributed to who you are as a person? Taking this gap year to travel. This started out as a “haha oh yikes I don’t want to get a job maybe I’ll just travel the world for a year yeah right haha” that turned into a “wait no I want to travel” that turned into a “Are those the Himalayas” that turned into…right meow. I guess my gap year hasn’t been one big life moment, but rather a collection of small really amazing moments. Like getting cupcakes every day instead of a giant birthday cake once a year. Which, if you think about it, is a lot more total frosting. And frosting is good. 6. What are you most proud of? Same answer: taking a year off to travel. I’m proud of what I’ve learned about myself, what I’ve learned about the world, and I’m proud of doing this despite the overwhelming pressure to buckle down and get a traditional job right out of college. Not everybody understands what I’m doing, and it can get a little frustrating. I get a few common responses:
These people are keepers. Then there’s:
Wait, so you’re just like…traveling? What are you going to do after?
Ummm…you’re seriously not going to ask me about NEPAL because you want to know how I plan on making money for the rest of my life? Geh. I didn’t want to humble brag about riding elephants anyway. Also I don’t know what I’m doing. That’s the point of this year. OBVI. Other accomplishments:
- Hiking Half Dome all by mahself
- Scott Panchik replying to one of my tweets
- Doing a muscle-up
- Peeling an orange in one peel
7. What are you most thankful for? Having an awesome, awesome support network of friends and family. And wine. 8. If you had one wish what would it be and why? To have infinite wishes! Duh, everybody knows that. Also I would want a perfectly restored old camper and enough money that I could do nothing but drive around the US and visit all of the National Parks. Also like a billion followers on Instagram. That’d be sweet.9. What is one quote/saying/mantra you live by? “If you can’t handle me at my wors–” JUST KIDDING. Everybody knows that’s code for “I make questionable life choices on Tinder.” I have a lot of favorite quotes, but here are some of my recent faves from Pinterest: 10. What do you think is your best blog post? I love all of my summer roadtrip posts because it reminds me of the amazing amazing time I had, but I’ve heard great things about my Nepal coffee post. 11. What is your 2015 new years resolution? Great adventure, great comfort. My life is a paradox. Also to blog more. WOO!
Now it’s my turn to nominate eleven more bloggers, and I choo-choo-choose:
- Jordan from A Series of Accidents
- Sami from Flowers and Wanderlust
- Kimberly from From East to West
- The Gap Gals from The Gap Chronicles
- Five Years and Finally Single
- Janet from Journalist on the Run
- Charlotte from It’s Me, Charlotte (shlove!)
- Godspeed to A Mighty Balloon
- Robin from Hustle Harder
- The Squeaky Robot
- Soul N Spirit
- You’re at your computer (where ever you blog most from)…What is sitting close to hand?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What made you choose the title for your blog?
- What was the most important thing you learned in 2014?
- List the top five things you’re grateful for.
- What do you think is your best blog post?
- What’s something new you have learned recently?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- …and what would you do?
- Do you drink coffee?
- What are you most proud of in life?
: ) Enjoy!!